At South Kirkby Academy we value all children and advocate ‘Success for All’. Our school environment is one which all children are supported to reach their full potential. We do this through a range of different ways and with support from Wakefield SEND services where appropriate. If you have any concerns around your child please use this page to support you, or contact the office to arrange to speak to our SENDCo.
Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENDCo) is Miss Samantha Burns.
For more information, please visit the Wakefield SEND local offer website at:
At South Kirkby Academy:
- We have regard for the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice (2014).
- We ensure our provision is inclusive to all children with special educational needs.
- We support parents and children with special educational needs and disability (SEND).
- We identify the specific needs of children with special educational needs and meet those needs through a range of SEN strategies.
- We work in partnership with parents and other agencies in meeting individual children’s needs.
- We monitor and review our policy, practice and provision and, if necessary, make adjustments.
We aim to:
- Create a positive ethos that equally values staff, pupils, parents, carers and governors.
- Ensure that the curriculum is appropriate and matched to the developmental levels and needs of individual children.
- Provide an education for all children that is exciting, stimulating, encourages individuality and builds confidence.
- Encourage and develop high expectations from children, staff, carers and parents.
- Provide a balanced and broadly based curriculum using the best resources available.
- Develop a partnership with parents and carers and involve them in the learning process.
- Forge and establish links with the community.